The Campagnone Memorial

From "Around and Through the Common":

In 1946 the Lawrence Common was named Campagnone Memorial Common and dedicated to the memory of three sons of Stephan and Maria Campagnone who lost their lives in defense of the United States in World War II.

It is fitting that this park, where the city remembers with monuments its fallen soldiers from all the wars, be named in honor of these three brothers, born of immigrant parents on Chestnut Street. The monument was erected by the Italian-American community in Lawrence to remember the ideals of freedom and democracy.

Student video:

Student photos:

web_campganone 3.jpg

web_campganone 7.jpg

web_campganone 4.jpg

web_campganone 5.jpg

web_campganone 6.jpg

web_campganone 1.jpg

Hours

Tue–Fri: 9am-4pm
Sat: By appt
Sun-Mon: Closed

Address

6 Essex Street
Lawrence, MA 01840
978-686-9230

Social Media

Mission

Founded in 1978 as the Immigrant City Archives, the mission of the Lawrence History Center is to collect, preserve, share, and animate the history and heritage of Lawrence and its people.