The 1912 Strikers' Monument

The 1912 Strikers’ Monument is a permanent bronze memorial to the historic mill strike. The bronze sculpture was executed by sculptor Daniel Altschuler of Gloucester and is mounted on a 15-ton basalt granite boulder on Campagnone Common across from City Hall.

Inscribed on the backside of the monument is the phrase written by David Meehan and Jonas Stundzia, Co-chairs, 1912 Strikers’ Monument Committee:

Let the gains of the workers past,
be recognized by those who labor today,
and preserved for those who toil tomorrow.

Student video:

Student and other photos:

web_striker1.jpg

web_striker3.jpg

web_striker9.jpg

web_striker4.jpg

web_striker5.jpg

web_striker6.jpg

Hours

Tue–Fri: 9am-4pm
Sat: By appt
Sun-Mon: Closed

Address

6 Essex Street
Lawrence, MA 01840
978-686-9230

Social Media

Mission

Founded in 1978 as the Immigrant City Archives, the mission of the Lawrence History Center is to collect, preserve, share, and animate the history and heritage of Lawrence and its people.